NATION BUILDER MANAGER
Application deadline: Midnight, February 23, 2020
Job type: Part-time contract
Start date: March 4, 2020
Contract timeline: 12 months
Compensation: $30 - 35/hr for 2-4 hrs/week (Approximately $5k compensation for the year-long contract - negotiable depending on experience and responsibility)
Location: Preferably based out of Edmonton, Calgary or Victoria. Canadian applicants preferred. International applicants considered.
We are hiring a part-time Nation Builder Manager! If you are excited about the potential to use digital tools to make the world a better place, consider applying! By joining our team at Iron & Earth as our part-time website manager, you’d be making a difference in the lives of fossil fuel sector workers, contributing to renewable energy opportunities for Indigenous communities, and helping transform the Canadian energy industry.
ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Iron & Earth formed around the lunchroom tables of the oilsands during an oil price crash which resulted in over 100,000 oilpatch employees losing their jobs between 2015 and 2017. We realized that our trade skills were transferable to the renewable energy industry and recognized the urgency of diversifying into these technologies. Beyond the financial benefits, we were excited about the opportunity to help build a more sustainable energy industry. So, in Spring 2016 we launched Iron & Earth to create a better future for ourselves, our coworkers, and the planet. Since then we have built a membership of over 800 fossil fuel industry workers passionate about our vision.
Our top-level goal is to help ensure a prosperous transition towards global carbon neutrality by 2050. Our mission in pursuit of this goal is to empower fossil fuel industry and Indigenous workers to build a sustainable energy economy. Our vision is that fossil fuel industry and Indigenous workers will play a leading role in building the energy infrastructure required to reach global climate targets. We are a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The NationBuilder Manager will work with the Iron & Earth team to ensure NationBuilder is being used as effectively as possible to engage with our constituency.
The primary deliverables of the person in this position are to ensure:
- The information being communicated through the Iron & Earth website is updated and maintained
- We are using NationBuilder effectively in recruiting and engaging with our constituency, including stakeholders, donors and members
- All technical issues relating to the front and backend of NationBuilder are resolved in a timely manner
- Iron & Earth team members receive support and occasional training for using NationBuilder most effectively
- All technical maintenance of our NationBuilder systems are completed regularly
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED APPLICANT QUALITIES
- Personal values that are aligned with our organization’s mission and objectives
- Ability to carry out the stated deliverables
- Understanding of oil and gas, renewable energy industries and political landscape in Canada
- Highly proficient with NationBuilder
- 2 years of work experience using NationBuilder
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Great time management skills
Additional skills and experience preferred
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Experience in the fossil fuel industry or a connection to Indigenous communities
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight MT on February 23, 2020.
All applicants will receive correspondence as to whether they have been successful in reaching the interview stage which will be held between February 28 - March 3, 2020.
After the interview stage is completed, all applicants will receive correspondence as to whether they were hired.
Onboarding will begin March 4, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.